Last week I clocked in over 30 miles of running around my city and it looks like I will surpassing that number by this weekend. Running has made its way into my life again and I couldn’t feel better. And don’t even get me started on this bomb tan that I am sporting!
I realize that running isn’t for everyone, especially for people who didn’t live/eat/breath sports for a majority of their life, but I want to tell you it isn’t as daunting as you might have made yourself believe. My #1 tool for a successful run is M U S I C. The beat keeps me motivated, helps my legs get into a rhythm and pushes me to continue when I feel like my body is going to collapse on the sidewalk (it never does, I’m exaggerating). It is my pleasure to share with you my most current playlist. What can I say, upbeat rap really does it for me. If you only knew the scenarios and fantasies that play out in my head while I’m running to these jams, it might even make you blush. Most importantly, these songs pump me up! I present to you, Run To This, v.1
1. I Don’t Really Care – Wacka Flocka Flame feat. Trey Songz
2. Beez In The Trap – Nicki Minaj feat. 2 Chainz
3. How Low – Ludacris
4. Liquorice – Azealia Banks
5. Birthday Cake – Rihanna
6. Mercy – Kanye West, Big Sean, 2 Chainz, Pusha T
7. No Hands – Waka Flocka Flame feat. Roscoe Dash & Wale
8. Look At Me Now – Chris Brown feat. Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
9. Teach Me How To Dougie – Cali Swag District
10. Street Knock – Swizz Beats & A$AP Rocky
11. Fancy – Drake, Swizz Beats, T.I.
12. Bad Girls – M.I.A.
P.S. I give you full permission to criticize my use of Chris Brown on this here playlist. I don’t like the dude (at all) and to be honest I never listened to his music. Then one day I realized all these songs I was enjoying were being sung by him. Ugh, I felt dumb. Despise the artist, enjoy the art? You tell me as this is a major conflict in my life. I do love Rosemary’s Baby.